Tailored Solutions Blog
10 Tips for E-Commerce Startups
If you are an e-commerce startup or thinking of starting an e-commerce business, there are a few points that you will need to keep in mind during the e-commerce website development process :
1. Niche Focus: As an e-commerce startup entering a saturated market, it is recommended to focus on an untapped niche as opposed to planning on doing full-scale e-commerce business and going up against giants like Amazon. It is better to focus on a niche market – you can always expand later.
2. Web site and Mobile App: During e-commerce website development, you should see to it that the website is responsive across devices. A lot of e-commerce happens through mobile devices, so you should also see to the development of a mobile app for your e-commerce business. A reputed and experienced e-commerce website development company can help you with the development of a user friendly website and mobile app for your e-commerce business.
3. CRM: CRM is what helps you with your customer retention rate. As an e-commerce startup you should prioritize customer satisfaction as many small-scale e-commerce businesses owe their growth to word-of-mouth marketing and not high-budget marketing campaigns. You could use tailored platforms like Exotel and Salesforce for integrating technology with traditional systems.
4. Integration with Good Payment Gateway: A payment gateway is an e-commerce service through which credit card and other internet transactions are accepted by merchants. A good payment gateway is essential for the long-term success of your e-commerce business and it will serve to win the trust of site visitors.
5. Interactive Features: One point that you will need to keep in mind during e-commerce website design and development is the use of interactive features according to the products that you are selling. For example, look at B & O Play – while an interesting full-screen video is playing in the background, you can experience the headphones’ features on the scrolling landing page, such features attract users and helps them to take a decision to buy it from your website or mobile app only.
6. Social Media: Social media is very important for the success of your e-commerce startup, especially if you do not have the budget necessary for mainstream marketing modules. You have to pay attention to points like page creation, Instagram marketing, boosting posts on facebook, twitting on twitter etc.
7. A Comprehensive Content Strategy: For the success of your e-commerce startup, it is important to have in place a comprehensive content strategy. Strive to create content that is both useful and entertaining – content that is ‘link-worthy’ will help in enhancing your startup’s visibility.
8. SEO: What we are witnessing today is tremendous growth of the e-commerce economy with many businesses entering this space every day. It is for this reason that you should use organic Search Engine Optimization – it will help your business to stand out from your competitors. A good ecommerce website development company can help you greatly in this regard.
9. Timely Delivery: You may have a website that looks great and a mobile app that’s stunning, but at the end of the day, you still have to deliver the goods – literally! You have to see to it that your products are delivered on time to customers. You should also enable tracking features so that customers can keep track of their orders.
10. Innovation: To survive in this competitive industry, you should prioritize innovation and keep coming up with innovative features and ideas to engage customers. You should never be complacent but keep evolving with changing technologies, trends, customer preferences etc.
For the best results, you should try to obtain the e-commerce website development services from a reputed and experienced company. Such a company will see to it that you receive only the best e-commerce solutions.Last modified on